HomeMy StudioPublished WorksSpecial Paper Projects

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Sweet Petite French inspired Crafts

When visiting my favorite Thrift Stores, I like to look for interesting little containers, that I can put a handmade pincushion in.  I have done up the following, for either my Etsy shop or just to have a little gift around when needed.  I love to put a bit of a French touch too.

There were two of these mini glass houses, but I just got one of them.  I knew I would regret that.  I filled it with doily lace, ribbon roses, and a glittered up Fleur de lis on the top, and added some dyed seam binding.
I don't know what this little sterling silver plate tray was, but it was perfect for a sweet pincushion.  And an antique glass button graces the top.
I call this the little french parfait pincushion.  I used vintage lace on this one and found an old earring post to place on the top in my stash!   This is such a sweet petite parfait cup.

11 comments:

Donna said...

I love the little house!!!!!! It's adorable!!I would have never thought of that!!!!
And your pincushions are so cute!! I love the fabric, the one in the glass is my favorite!!!
Blessings

Unknown said...

just about the SWEETEST pincushions I've eva seen! :)

Anonymous said...

This is soo cute, wonderful and very creative works, I lak eit!

Have a nice weekend dear, kisses:)

Anonymous said...

i hate when i pass something up at the thrift shop...i saw some tiny tiny cut glass salt shakers last week, only bought 2...took them home and put glitter in them...WANT MORE...they have no more!!! love the pin keepers :D
BEAR HUGS
~victoria~

HI! I'm Tabitha said...

what a great idea.... very pretty
hugs

Hearts Turned said...

These are just GORGEOUS, Michele! I love the first one especially--all the colorful flowers make me swoon!

I think I'm finally getting back in visiting mode--been a crazy summer!

Hope you're doing well--talk to you soon!

Julie

The Old Parsonage said...

Oh that mini glass house is wonderful and I lvoe how you've filled it.

Waiting on Irene...
Leann

Red Rose Alley said...

That glass house is just beautiful! Is that a cross and broche? I love it.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Rita Barakat said...

Oh suh beauitiful projects!!!

Laurie said...

These are all so sweet, Michele! And I love all your transferware -- it is one of my passions, too, and I have some of the same pieces you do! So...what has happened with the emu? You poor thing!

Annette Allen said...

what a fun blog... I absolutely love these pin cushions..Love your creativity...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering my blog candy...Good Luck

Happy Crafting..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...