HomeMy StudioPublished WorksSpecial Paper Projects

Monday, September 9, 2013

Oh You Beautiful Doll matchbox swap

Hosted by JoAnne at Vintage Dragonfly, was this "Oh you beautiful doll matchbox swap."  Here is the altered matchbox that I did for Mercedes Scott.
 The dolls head and arms serve as a drawer pull with sweet things inside.  And pinned to her collar is a little vintage brooch. I enjoyed creating this matchbox so very much!
 The back side


 Inside the matchbox were placed these goodies, some pertaining to dolls or doll parts and other embellishments.  Antique buttons, lace, a thimble and a golden spoon.

Oh you beautiful Doll matchbox swap was so fun for me to get in on and worked my creative senses into a frenzy.  I have not recieved my matchbox yet.  I am still waiting.  I am excited to see what Sandy has created for me.  The anticipation is killing me!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh super stunning, how lucky is Mercedes! Love how you have the matchbox on the stand, very creative.
Elaine

Marfi-topia said...

Wow!
This creation is incredible!and the goodies inside!!! All I can say is wow
Great job!

Erica said...

Michele, she is beautiful! And what fun treasures you tucked inside. What a fun swap!

JoAnne said...

Applause, applause...I am giving you a standing ovation Michele! Absolutely gorgeous and PERFECT for Mercedes. I know she adores it!

Laurie said...

That is fabulous Michele! Of course it is, because you did it! I think I recognize that filigree plastic piece on the front, maybe? :)

Unknown said...

This matchbox is amazing, Michelle.
I am sure Mercedes is going to love it!
Thanks for sharing.
Michele

Dreaming of Vintage said...

This is really beautiful Michele!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...