HomeMy StudioPublished WorksSpecial Paper Projects

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Happy with it now!


A few posts back I showed off a framed piece from Home Interiors, that I took apart and painted and then in the frame was a wonderful embroidered white 'M' monogramed on white.  I said I needed feed back.  Well the majority of comments I got back were to not frame something square with something oval. I agreed, so this is what I have done with this frame now and it is hanging in my craft studio.  I love it now and am doing something different with the monogram.  Below is what it looked like before I changed it.
*Here is an interesting side note though.  When I was at the Brass Armadillo (antique mall with my sister a few weeks ago) I spotted this same exact framed piece two different times in that mall, and the first time it was  $30.00 and the second time it was tagged $60.00.  (keep in mind that it is a home interiors heavy plastic frame and not an antique at all)  I had to smirk, laugh and grin big, cause I got mine for a couple of dollars at a yard sale!  SCORE!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful makeover Michele!
Kisses.

Unknown said...

I had this same frame, I think I threw it away....sshhh...I didn't say that! Geesh! :):)

HI! I'm Tabitha said...

ohh i luv the brass armadillo. which one did u go to?
glad u changed the frame it is ubber fabulous now
hugs

Unknown said...

Ooooh, ahhhhhh, this is stupendous! I like is so-oo much now!

Erica said...

This looks great! What a wonderful improvement on your yard sale find! That dark color really pops.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...