HomeMy StudioPublished WorksSpecial Paper Projects

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

It is time to post my July Swaps

First one was the Summer Vintage Hatbox swap.  This one was really special.  I was the host of this amazing swap.  I will show you the gorgeous hatbox I received from Mercedes of all things pretty.  She created this lovely hatbox for me. . . . . . . . . .I feel very spoiled for sure!
It is so like a lovely old hatbox that my grandmother would have had up in her closet way back.
The details are incredible.
So many wonderful millinery wonders.
I love the feathers.
Inside was this sweet vintage ballerina holding three lovely hankies.
 The inside is just as amazing.
 This little glass box was filled with wonderful vintage bling.

 Oh these great old pictures.  Love to have them on hand.
 I think I almost cried as I was going through this jam packed filled hatbox.
check out these darling lace gloves.

I asked everyone to make one handmade thing to put into the hatbox.  I love this old shoe form all decoupaged and embellished
I nearly fell off my chair with glee, when I saw this vintage dicky!
In this tiny box there was a head from a frozen charlotte doll.  
 I learned something with this, as I did not know you could buy the netted pieces
separate from the hats. I got so tickled when I saw this hat net in the original box.  I could not have been more excited and happy when I opened the box from Mercedes.  Thank you Thank you!


And here is the hatbox I sent to her with the contents . . . . . .
I posted this before, but without the contents.  


Here is what I did with the inside of the box, lining it with sewing patterns, and patterned paper.
Some vintage wallpaper pieces.  
I made this little parfait pincushion in an antique goblet.

a teacup and saucer, and a salt shaker with gold glitter vintage trims and vintage earrings.  
I added doilies, embroidered dish towel and some bling too.
A little framed piece. I think we had so much fun with this swap.  I hope everyone 
got their hatboxes in a timely manner and enjoyed it as much as I did.


And then there was the bonus swap from Vintage Dragonfly.  A mini card swap with a mermaid theme.
These are the mermaid slide size cards that I made to send in.
And below are the six that I recieved back.  there is lots of talent out there with these incredible little 
1 x 3 inch cards.  Aren't they beautiful?



13 comments:

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Oh wow! I am in awe of all the beautiful things you have received! Everything is perfect--I would have almost cried too! (I probably would have cried for real:))

Unknown said...

New follower. Love the pin cushion. You are so very talented.

Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff said...

Hi Michele,
Mercedes is such a great swap partner, generous and talented, you were well paired, beautiful hat boxes given and received. I loved the mini mermaids swap, such fun, and your cards are even better in person.
enJOY a sweet day,
Kimberly

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

You received a beautiful hatbox from Mercedes, Michelle! both of them are beautiful! Love all the goodies. Her embellished shoe form and your pincushion are just charming.

Unknown said...

Ooooh, Ahhh! Such PRETTY things! Fun, fun, fun... :)

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

What a fun post, almost if it had come to my doorstep!!! It's the middle of the night and the truth is it is not a dream. Such lovely treasures with each exchange. Makes treasure hunting so fun when the end results are shared.
Adorable mermaid cards too. Have a good weekend.

Cindy The Victorian Journey said...

Beautiful crafts, flowers, so creative. Loved looking at each one. the vintage dickie was so delicate and elegant... Hugs, Cindy

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

So many beautiful things all in one post! Beautiful.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

So much eye candy all at once!! I had to go through it twice so i didn't miss a thing!!

Hugs,
Debbie

cathy @ma vie trouvee said...

What an amazing swap - I would have be in heaven to have received either one of them as a gift!

Erica said...

what a fabulous swap! I hope you having a great summer my friend. Keep cool!

mercedes scott said...

Michele, I'm so happy you are enjoying your "new" hatbox and its contents :) The gorgeous one you made for ME is sitting on my nightstand, so I get to see it each nite before I go to sleep and then when I wake up. Haven't done anything yet with all the beautiful contents (other than photograph)... I just want to savor and enjoy it for awhile before things go into my studio. THANK YOU. (still smiling!)

Darlene@welcometomariasantoinette.blogspot.com said...

What a wonderful swap! I wish I had knew about it I would have loved to join. Darlene

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...