HomeMy StudioPublished WorksSpecial Paper Projects

Monday, July 9, 2012

Midsummer Night's Dream Matchbox swap!

Vintage Dragonfly did it again and hosted a really fun and different theme for matchbox swapping.  Here is the one I made for my partner, and then the one I received from Lou who is a mixed media artist!  We were supposed to decorate a regular 250 count matchbox and fill it with little wonders in the theme of Shakespear's play, Midsummer nights dream.  My interpretation . . . . . . .
side view
filled to the brim
I found what ever I could that looked like it not only came from that era, but had a foresty look to it!
and the play is a love story you know, so I put in some romantic items also!


And here is the matchbox that my partner sent to me. . . . . .Isn't so very artsy!
It was all wrapped up in this French writing fabric.  I will definitely put that to good use.  
And inside was a real treat!  I have wanted to find a peacock feather. . . .
Love these goodies tucked away in this wonderful dried moss!
Thanks so much to you Lou.  I love these matchbox swaps so very much!

7 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Both these matchboxes are beautiful, Michelle! It's always fun to see how people interpret a particular theme. Love all the goodies, too!

P.S. I've got my hatbox going out Friday to my partner, Deb. Should we wait to put the pictures up on the Flickr group?

JoAnne said...

I love both yours and Lou's interpretation Michele! Beautiful, beautiful boxes!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

What a fun swap. They're both so detailed and I can't believe how you can do so much with such a tiny box.

Mimi said...

HI!!
WHAT A FUN SWAP for sure...I can't even imagine placing all that inside such a small box....what treasures!!!
Great decorating too!
hugs,
jamie

Becs said...

Those are both so perfect. Love all the different interpretations. Becs

Erica said...

What a great swap! Beautiful matchboxes.

mercedes scott said...

I missed on on this swap... but what fun you all had! LOVE your matchbox made for your partner, and also, the one you received. That peacock feather is a treasure; can't wait to see what project it ends up on :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...