HomeMy StudioPublished WorksSpecial Paper Projects

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Somewhat Vintage Birthday

My birthday or even birthtime is very close to Valentine's Day.  (February 13 in the mid evening is when I was born) I always had a heart shaped cake growing up, that my dear mother would decorate with beautfiful roses.  I still have the heart shaped cake pans that she used.  So because of this, Valentine's day has been very special to me.  Last night I went to bed very late after my husband already was in bed, I found a sweet, beautiful love letter and dark chocolate by my bed on the nightstand.  So before I even awoke to this Valentine's day,  it was a good good day!  I wanted to share some of my birthday presents.
I was so excited when I opened this beautiful ring.  Not vintage but love it just the same.  This was sent to me from my  wonderful in-laws.  I love the ring's contemporary yet little bit traditional style.  They truly have an appreciation for fine jewelry.  Thanks to Ron and Leslie!
Then a friend came over to give me a gift.  She knows how I love anything vintage.  First there was this never before used vintage birthday card.
the wonderful old movie "Sabrina with Audrey Hepburn"   It was one of my favorites from when I was young.  
this adorable vintage birthday doll for February.  When I was a little girl, I had some friends that would get these for their birthdays and I always wanted one with my birthstone in it.  It is a Josef original.  Isn't she sweet?

And this wonderful room Blackberry & Vanilla room fragrance.  Thankyou Camille for all the lovely gifts.  Love them all.



11 comments:

EllenaElizabeth said...

What special memories of your birthday's past and the heart shaped cake.
Love your gifts this year.
Happy Belated Birthday to you, from Australia.

Shabby chic Sandy said...

All your gifts are beautiful--especilly love the ring (looks art deco to me, or a bit hollywood)and the birthday girl is sweet. Glad you had such a happy birthday!

Brenda Brown said...

Many happy returns of the day, such lovely gifts.That doll is so vintage shabby gorgeous.
hugs {brenda} xox

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

your gifts are gorgeous...i wish you a little belated wonderful birthday! i wish you many many more!!! : ) (hugs)

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Beautiful gifts for a beautiful lady!

Your husband is a total romantic!

Happy belated birthday!!

Marsha

Pretty Ragged Threads said...

Truly beautiful and special gifts. The ring is gorgeous, and the chocolates the best. Your cake as a child sounds wonderful. My mom always baked an angel food cake and frosted it with that sticky egg white frosting always so good.
Hugs Jackie

Hearts Turned said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Michele! I was hit with the flu this week & haven't been visiting--sorry to miss it!

LOVE all your beautiful gifts--especially your sweet Josef girl--what a wonderful treat!

Wishing you a beautiful weekend, dear friend!

Julie

Stacy's Shabby Shoppe said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful birthday and Valentine's Day! All of your gifts are wonderful!

Linda said...

Fun gifts and a fun birthday! I love Valentin's Day too!

Laurie said...

Oh, happy birthday (belated) Michele! What sweet gifts! I especially love the ring -- you described it perfectly! Your husband is so sweet!

Chris said...

Hi Michele, happy belated birthday. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...