I used items that came from my childhood and wooden ornaments I painted as a teenager. The picture is of me and my siblings. I was 6 years old. and it was 1963. (You do the math on my age! Ha)
Yes! It is Christmas in July, and I am looking for anyone out there who is interested in playing along. I will be partnering up pairs for this swap, and packages will be mailed out on July 25th. (5 MONTHS BEFORE THE REAL CHRISTMAS) That will give us plenty of time to get together some great packages to send to our partners, but also will still be in the month of July.
Here are the rules:
1. Comment on this post telling me you would like to be included.
2. Email me with your information: with "Holiday Magic" in the title Name, Address, email address, and blog link. Tell me in what type of Christmas Decor you are most interested in. (Example: Victorian, Country, Primitive, Vintage 40's 50's, 60's etc. or maybe you are more contemporary or just traditional)
What to send:
1. Send 1 handmade ornament
2. Send 1 Vintage ornament. (one that is at least 20 years old)
3. Send 1 new ornament or more current one. (one that is not vintage)
4. Send some kind of Christmas decoration-(your choice)
5. Send some kind of little kit to make something Christmasy.
Try to post what you send and what you get sent if you can. That way we will all be able to delight in your packages.
So here it is. Check out your own stashes, or maybe even you are tired of one of your decorations or ornaments. Visit the thrift stores or yard sales. It sure is amazing what you can find. Remember to share this with your blog friends. Email me at: email@example.com
I will need a comment on this post and an email. Please don't commit if you can't follow through. If there is a problem toward the end of the month, that you won't be able to send out your package, just let me know. There might even be a door prize or during the next month that could have something to do with Christmas. Take care and Merry Christmas in July!
P.S. Oh, and I forgot to mention that I will close this up on JULY 7, 2010 and will give everyone their partners on that day, so that every one will be able to visit blogs, email and kind of get to know one another before mailing time.