HomeMy StudioPublished WorksSpecial Paper Projects

Sunday, June 17, 2012

The Wait is over! ANNOUNCEMENT of a New Swap

I am finally getting to the announcing of a new Vintage swap for summer.  I have been gone for this past week and was behind anyway.  So here it is and it is slightly more challenging than our last 'petite jar swap.'  I am calling it, "THE VINTAGE SUMMER HATBOX SWAP.   (Sorry gals, but you must have a blog to participate in this one)


1.   Begin with one approx. 7 to 8 inch diameter or bigger hatbox or shakerbox and decorate the outside.
(the box can be either round, oval or heart shaped)
2.   Fill it with vintage and or handmade goodies.  Must be mostly vintage, but please include at least 1 thing that is handmade.
      suggestions:     Doilies, Handkerchiefs, Teacups, trinket boxes, antique linens, Jewelry, old silverware, perfume bottles, salt shakers, and other vintage goodies, scrapbook supplies that go with your look.  It is up to you!
3.  Pay attn. to your partner's blog and send stuff you think she would love.  And always make it something you would just be so tickled to receive.
4.  The cost of shipping is so high internationally, that you must either live in US or Canada.
5.  The ship date will be July Monday, July 16, 2012
6.  The cut off date for signing up will be June 27th and partner's will be assigned June 30th.  Please email me at ask@comnett.net and put in the subject line summer hatbox swap!
7.  PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP IF YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO FOLLOW THROUGH.
so find those goodies and get to those hatboxes.  The following works well, but I found my hatbox at a yard sale.  
So gather up your wares and get to decorating a hat box.  Make sure it is at least 7" in diameter.  Thanks
Michele


16 comments:

Oliva Ohlson said...

What a great swap! I'm in!
Oliva

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

I'm IN!!!
Sounds FUN and I sure have plently of "treasures" to fill a box!
Deb :)

EllenaElizabeth said...

Aww that's a pity I would have loved to take part (live in Australia). Anyhow look forward to seeing what all the girls make for this swap.

Unknown said...

I am so in...
I think this will be so much fun.
Thanks
Michele

WW said...

I'm in, already sent you an email, sounds like a great swap.

Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff said...

Oh Michelle,
This sounds like such fun, but I am afraid I have to pass this time. Your lovely pictures are making this even more difficult. I have 4 swaps due in July, I know I am crazy.
I will anxiously await pictures from the swappers.
enJOY a beautiful weekend,
Kimberly

Wicked Faerie Queen said...

Hi,

I have been trying to send you my address but it keeps coming back as the wrong e-mail address. I am going to try again so let me know if you get it if not I will leave it on a comment.

Thanks

Sue

WW said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Absolutely! I'd love to join in on this swap. I love swaps! : ) I'm going to email you, too. Can't wait to find out who my partner is to get started!

Sparkle and Co said...

Great swap.... I can't be part of it but I'll follow this ;)

JoAnne said...

So sorry I'm not able to join in on this one Michele.
Can't wait to see what you ladies come up with!

Little Miss Maggie said...

Oh I wish I could take part in this, but I am on overload plus overload. If you do one again, please let me know. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog.

Unknown said...

What a great idea - will be watching closely - but cannot unfortunately join in for now -
Many thanks for the invite!
Hugs,
Suzan

mercedes scott said...

Michele, please add me to the list of participants! Can't wait to get started... :) mercedes

Unknown said...

SUPERBE!! Thanks for linking!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, this is such a great idea, and there is definitely a lot of talent among your participants, some of which I've swapped with before. I look forward to seeing what all of you dream up.
Following.
Much love,
Marcia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...