HomeMy StudioPublished WorksSpecial Paper Projects

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Our Thanksgiving Holiday


We stayed at the most gorgeous winter
wonderland over Thanksgiving. Here
is our little cottage at the Homestead resort
in Midway, Utah. It was 2 degrees when
we got there , and for desert people, we
had a hard time handling the walk from
the car to registration.
It took us a while to get warmed back up.

My husband is from Minnesota, and I
am from Utah. But we have lived in
the desert for to long now.
This picture was from the Inn
across the road from our resort.
Most of the buildings and homes
have murals painted on the sides
and have a very Switzerland look
to them. This little town even cele
brates swiss days in the summer.
It is a very wonderful place to stay.

This is another view from the main
building at the Homestead. We actually
spent some time here on our honeymoon
32 years ago, so we like to come back
occasionally.
I just had to post these most Christmasy
photos. At night there were many lights
all around the entrance and resort, but they
did not photograph well. Merry Christmas
Season to All my blogging Friends!

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

ShEiLa said...

It sure looks like a beautiful place to stay.

ToOdLeS.

Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff said...

Oh Michele, looks wonderful, so glad you had what sounds like a magical Thanksgiving getaway.
enJOY,
Kimberly

Wendy said...

How beautiful! I would love to spend a holiday with snow! We live in the south and not much chance of snow here.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I am from Minnesota, but have lived in Orlando for 22 years, i am making a trip to DC this weekend and I hear the temps are 40/20 YIKKES! I can't imagine 2 degrees! where you stayed is gorgeous......in a picture LOL!

Carol

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

What a magical place to stay!
Have a wonderful day.
XO Marie

Signs and Salvage said...

Winter Wonderland!! So beautiful!!! I am such a wimp...2 days of snow and I would be the GRINCH. I have been griping all week because it has been soooooo cold here:)

Have I asked you this before...are your girls identical??? My girls are...they are 13...half the age of your girls age.

Happy December!!!

Love Ya,

Kristin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...