I decided to use chalk paint as I have come to know that when you have a piece from the 70's and there is veneer and non-wood mouldings, that the best thing you can do is to use chalk paint. I made my own chalk paint in this case and then sanded it off for the distressed look and also added two appliqued elements. And here are the results . . . .
Sunday, August 25, 2013
Just finished this dining room beauty
Just finished this hutch yesterday. I was so fortunate to find this at a moving sale and I offered the guy $35.00 for it and he took it. Yippee. It was quite dirty and it looked like some if the glass shelves were broken. I cleaned it up before bringing it in to paint it. Here is the before picture And please note that these photos are from my iphone, so they loaded a little bit blurry. I wanted to post from my iphone to my blog. First time!
Posted by Something Special at 9:14 AM