HomeMy StudioPublished WorksSpecial Paper Projects

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Crafting Valentines

 I have been hard at work making Valentines.  Valentine cards, Valentine Candy boxes, valentine Spoolies and even Valentine bracelets.  These photos are all of items I have made in the last couple of weeks. (accept for the boxes as that will be a post later)  JoAnne of Vintage Dragonfly hosted a swap which consisted of exchanging what she called Valentine Spoolies.  Some great examples came from Lynne Trash to treasure art  and they are beautiful. . . . . .
 She said do up some spoolies, but don't exactly copy these.  I always need to do something different anyway.  So here are the ones I came up with.

This one will be sent to my partner Jo.  I used lots of glass glitter and even little bits of broken pink mercury glass.  I used an old tiny heart shaped box, and two old spools.  I envisioned

the back side.

  I decided to use some vintage wooden spools and some cute small old bottles all put together to form a Valentine Spoolie.  I really had fun creating these.  The first will be sent to my partner.  And then I just really wanted to keep one for myself. 

  
Then I got busy making Valentine cards.  I love paper crafting.  I also had 2 partners for a Valentine Candy box swap, so I decorated candy boxes, but that will be for a new post later.  











                               I even did up 2 valentine bracelets for the swaps I have done.  I hope you all have fun making Valentines.  Be sure to come back as there will be more posts for Valentine's day!



11 comments:

sandy said...

Such sweet spoolies and Valentine's! You are so creative! Great ideas here!
sandy :)

Linda said...

Love them!
Linda

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Love them ALL! I think spoolies for Easter would be fun!
Love your cards!
Warmly,
deb

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Lovely, Lovely designs. Fun projects too.

JoAnne said...

All of your valentines are absolutely beautiful Michele! What a great spoolie!

Anonymous said...

Love every sparkle and bit you made! Soooo pretty!

liniecat said...

there are some really wonderful cards here....love the Kewpies one lol sooo beautiful especially.
Spoolies a great idea

PeggyR said...

Very creative stuff! I was in the spoolie swap also.

Laurie said...

OH! your valentines are so sweet!! And your spoolies are really over the top!! Hugs!!

AppleApricot Wen said...

Your creations are so gorgeous! The spoolies, the cards, the bracelets, and I saw some other beautiful things on your blog. I'm definitely going to follow you! Sorry it took me so long though.

Hugs and happy day,
Wendy @ AppleApricot

Anne said...

Hello, my Dear! I've come to you from The "Grow Your Blog" party...it was over before I knew about it, but it was so nice of Vicki to leave the list up! Anyway, I always welcome new blogs to enjoy, and yours is delightful! I am now following you ~ please come and visit me if you get a chance!
So nice to "meet" you!
Hugs,
Anne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...