HomeMy StudioPublished WorksSpecial Paper Projects

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I recently participated in Vintage Dragonfly's Winter 'Whites Matchbox Swap.'  I was partnered with JoAnne of Vintage Dragonfly, and we exchanged our matchboxes about a week and a half ago.  I have been her partner a few times, and I am never disappointed.

Below is the matchbox that I sent out to JoAnne.  I sure had fun creating this one for her.  She is so generous and works so hard hosting these monthly swaps.  Thanks for all you do JoAnne!
 I have taken the design of this one from a couple that I have received.  Up on little feet and opening like a trunk would.


 Inside I filled it with buttons, embellishments, baubles and anything I could find that was related to winter without shouting Christmas.  I also sent another larger oval white framed picture, and some other goodies.  I love these matchbox swaps, so much.  It is just plain old fun,.

Now, here is the matchbox that I received from JoAnne.  

It's just so pretty and reminds me of an enchanted wintry forest.  Like the one in the movie 'Narnia.'
I swoon over stuff like this, especially the frozen Charlotte doll from Germany
I have already found uses for some of these sweet embellishments on some of the things I have made.
Now onto the next swaps I am involved in for Valentine's Day.  Moving on. . . . . . . . . . . . 

10 comments:

Everydaythings said...

such sweet things and gorgeous embellishements! I love what you can make out of matchbox!

The Junque Seeker said...

Beautiful boxes! Everything the two of you sent is lovely.

cheryl said...

oh wow this is one really beautiful box,the detail is amazing,love it,xxxxxx

Delvalina said...

They are absolutely beautiful :)

JansArtyJunk said...

WOW! what a fabulous matchbox swap...both are stunning!! x

Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff said...

Hi Michelle,
Lovely swaps, both given and received.
hugs and JOY,
Kimberly

JoAnne said...

It's always a joy swapping with you Michele...LOVE my box and goodies! xoxo

PeggyR said...

This is a beautiful box. I was in the swap also and enjoyed it.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Those are so pretty - Thanks for sharing them with us.

Kay Eyles said...

Wow, so beautiful and creative too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...