HomeMy StudioPublished WorksSpecial Paper Projects

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

From my Trip to Minnesota

While on our trip up North, I was able to hit the antique malls in places we stayed.  The first one, in Stillwater, my husband came in with me and enjoyed looking for particular items such as old record albums, and toys from when he was little.  But the next day after driving through horrible thunderstorms,  he kindly declined, so I said, just drop me off for a few hours.  He was happy and I was happy.   I was limited of course on what I could bring back, having only carry-on luggage.  But I did manage to find oodles of vintage, buttons, a truckload of vintage crocheted lace and of course another small white pitcher for my collection.  I found this beautiful white mug also for my studio shelf and some lovely old ephemera, and some vintage Christmas decorations.  My suitcase was almost bursting!
* For anyone interested, my celebration giveaway is still opened until the 25th of July.  It is on my sidebar!  Also, my Where bloggers Create III tour of my studio is the next post down!

11 comments:

Michele's Treasures, Teacups, and Tumbling Rose Cottage said...

Pretty treasures! It's fun to explore new "territory" for vintage goodies. Good for you. ; )
~Michele

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Swoon! You came home with some wonderful treasures!!

I wish we lived closer! It would be so nice to have someone to treasure hunt with!

xxoo
Marsha

Carol Salisbury said...

What a wonderful bunch of goodies you found! It's been way too long since I've been out to any antique shops, I really have to get out there soon! Congrats on your finds!

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Everything is beautiful!
Kelly

Erica said...

Great treasures! I'm heading up to MN in Sept, and hope to find some things.

Unknown said...

Love your fun new treasures! You gotta come back here and find some more...AND while your at it, help me do some office decorating and organizing. Glad that you had a great time! I know what you mean about bringing stuff back from that kind of trip...it is frustrating to find all these neat things and places, then not be able to bring it all back...I had that problem when we went to Toronto recently, cause I found a great shabby chic store there. Love ya!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I'm in Minnesota now and I am going antiquing tomorrow with Garage Sale Gal Deb. It is hotter here than my home in Orlando! I hope I have a great day like you did!

Carol

Red Rose Alley said...

I love the jewel buttons. You found some nice treasures on your trip. It's fun to come home with a few special things.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

EllenaElizabeth said...

Loved looking at your antique and vintage treasures! You remind me of me...LOL I take photos of my finds too. I get such a kick out of finding bits and pieces. My best times ever were when on holiday at my friend's place in South Australia. There are so many wonderful places there to explore and the prices quite good.
EllenaElizabeth, Australia.

Breana said...

I am from mn and in fact work in Stillwater mn. It is indeed a great spot for antiques and ice cream! Glad you found some treasures.
Breana

Junk Fairy said...

I love all your Pretties!! It will be fun to make something!
XO
Eloise

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...